There are two types of student visas available to non-immigrant students who wish to enter the United States for the purpose of engaging in full-time study: F-1 and M-1. The Academy of Radio & TV Broadcasting is approved by the United States Government to issue Certificates of Eligibility (I-20 forms) for M-1 visas.

M-1 Visas

M-1 visas are available to students who are accepted by a Certificate or Diploma program. M-1 visas are issued for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months.


The spouse and unmarried minor children of an M-1 student may accompany the student to the United States or follow to join the student at a later date. The dependent family members will be admitted with M-2 status.

File DS-160 – Visa Online Application for those who do not possess a current visa.

After you complete the online application you will need to do the following:

  • Print and keep the DS-160 barcode page
  • Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will apply for additional country-specific instructions and schedule an interview appointment and pay the visa application processing fee
  • Attach the application fee on DS-160

Find out more about the visa interview process: Click here